Railway line nr 11
As part of the project "Works on the CE 20 railway line on the section Łowicz Główny - Skierniewice", COLAS RAIL Polska has completed construction works on a 5 km section of the double-track railway line No. 11 implemented from national funds as part of the investment project "Implementation of project documentation and construction works on the route Bełchów - Łowicz Główny ". The value of the project and construction works amounted to approx. PLN 36 million. The works were carried out in a very short time of 4 months and with the train traffic maintained. Project included:
- comprehensive replacement of a total of 10 km of track surface made using the train with portal cranes from the French company GEISMAR,
- replacement catenary network along the entire length of the modernized section,
- reconstruction of two road crossings with the Mirosław Ujski surface,
- modernization of 2 small engineering objects,
- modernization of 2 platforms at Bobrowniki station,
- rebuilding of 2 turnouts at Bełchów station,
- installation of new signaling devices and lighting of platforms and crossings.
The railway line is a fragment of the European east-west transportation corridor, after modernization the passenger trains speed increased up to 160 km/h and freight trains to 120 km/h.